The mission of the Centre is to strengthen the culture of peace and the construction of a disarmed society, making people aware of the negative effects of arms and militarism. The Centre combines the work of research and publication with divulgation and social mobilization against militarism’s consequences, such as military expenditure, military R&D and the manufacture and trade of arms. Besides, it works to denounce governments’ lack of compliance with the international agreements regulating these issues.
The Study Centre for Peace was given the name of J.M Delàs in memory of Josep Manuel Delàs, who was the chairman of Justice and Peace - Girona and previously was an army reserve commander and a member of the UMD (Democratic Military Union) and he devoted the last part of his life to the defense of peace and values of non-violence .
The Study Centre for Peace J.M. Delàs is collaborator of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) and is a member of the European Network Against Arms Trade, the ENAAT (European Network Against Arms Trade), the Spanish Association of Research for Peace (AIPAZ) and the International University for Peace of Sant Cugat. Besides, through Justice and Peace, it is part of the Catalan NGOs Federation for Peace and of the International Peace Bureau (IPB).
The Delàs Center has a group of 30 to 40 reasearchers who voluntarely carry out research, analysis and advocacy tasks and form the Delàs Center work group. This group is composed of a group of researchers with more experience and new additions, with the objective of carrying out a task of follow-up on the issues of disarmament, militarism, peace, conflicts, security and arms members.
Board of Directors
Pere Ortega - President
Alejandro Pozo - Vice President
José Maria Moya - Secretary
Tomàs Gisbert - Treasurer
Gemma Amoròs - Chair
Maria de Lluc Bagur - Chair
Ainhoa Ruíz - Chair
Delàs Center has a technical team responsible for the coordination tasks of members, volunteers and trainees, as well as management, communication and administration of the organization.
Currently the technical team consists of:
- Jordi Calvo: Coordinator and Investigator
- Audrey Esnault: Project officer
- Maria Vázquez: Project officer
- Pere Ortega (president), researcher
Technical Support External Services:
-Tam Tam: Graphic Design
How we are Funded
- Barcelona City Council – Dirección de Justícia Global y Cooperación Internacional
- Barcelona City Council – Ámbito Distrito y Ciudad, Línea Participación y Asociacionismo
- Sant Cugat City Council
- Catalan Agency for Development Cooperation
- Generalitat de Catalunya - General Direction of Institutional Relations - Branch Memory, Peace and Human Rights
- Fons Català de Cooperació al Desenvolupament
- Diputación de Barcelona, Oficina de Cooperación al Desarrollo
- Institut Català Internacional per la Pau (ICIP)
- Área Metropolitana de Barcelona, Área de Internacional y de Cooperación
- ICAN: Campanya Internacional per l'Abolició de les Armes Nuclears
- ICBL-CMC - Campanya Internacional per Prohibir les Mines Antipersonal - Coalició contra les Bombes de Dispersió
- GrassROOTS Community Foundation
Shareholder contributions and donations
The members of the entity collaborate with a monthly, quarterly or annual fee and have the right to participate in the assemblies of the entity and to be part of the Board of Directors. In addition the Delàs Center receives occasional donations linked to any of the campaigns such as Armada Banca or Fiscal Objection to Military Spending, among others.
Headquarters of Delàs Centre for Peace Studies
The Delàs Center is headquartered in Barcelona, but also has offices in the towns of habitual residence of the permanent members, supporters and sympathizers, where awareness and dissemination activities are organized. In the case of Sant Cugat.